Sunday, December 10, 2017

Driving And Texting

I never drive and text. EVER!!!

Because I don't know how to drive. Nor do I know how to text.

Today I saw an ad for yeshiva bochrim [like me:-)] to learn how to drive for a discount. 3,900 shekel [1,100 dollars]. That is a whole month's salary when I had a job [which I haven't had for 5 of the last 6 years]. Who can afford that? Then one needs to pay for a car, insurance, gas etc. Impossible. In some countries, people live on a dollar a day. What is their secret??!!

Anyway - learning how to text is cheaper. But my phone doesn't have a texting option. I wouldn't even have a phone but my mother insisted on buying me one for safety reasons [I am her 46 year old baby]. But it doesn't have a texting option. It is called a kosher phone. I try to eat it. It may be kosher but it doesn't taste good.

My point is that one can be happy without driving and w/o an iphone. I am not saying that one shouldn't drive or text. I am saying that one shouldn't drive AND text simultaneously. And that one should be happy regardless of whether he has his contraptions. And only use them for good reasons. 

כל פעל ה' למענהו!!!