Thursday, November 23, 2017

OPEN INVITATION - Cross The Road - Staying Alive

This Shabbos is the yahrtzeit of HaGaon Hakadosh HaRav Yaakov Moshe Charlap zecher tzadik vi-kadosh livracha. Those who lisen [sic. I am not correcting that typo because what is the "t" doing in "listen"?] to my shiurim and follow the blog avidly know how much reverence and awe I have for this towering giant of Torah, middos tovos and tzidkus. It is my almost unparalleled zchus to be one of the very few disseminators of his Torah in both Hebrew and English. When I die, I hope to meet his neshama. [Although I am trying my best not to die. Just this morning I looked both ways before crossing the street. Why did the Chabadnik cross the road? To put tefillin on the person on the other side]. 

Since I feel such a strong emotional and spiritual bond, I am giving a kiddush in shul [in Givat Ze'ev] in his honor.

YOU ARE ALL INVITED!!!!  Bring you mouths and stomachs.