Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Cleaning The Toxins

לע"נ אלימלך בן ר' מנחם מנדל מלכיאל

Forgive the imagery but it best expresses my point:-). 

A person goes to the bathroom and sits on the "throne of glory". He thinks that there is a little bit of waste in there, it will exit [with Hashem's great mercy!! Reb Yeruchem, the Mirrer Mashgiach, said that we should almost say hagomel after relieving ourselves - a free painless, quick operation. הודו לה' כי טוב!!] and he will go on with his day. 

But then it starts coming... and coming ... and coming. When the person is finished and does his "paperwork" he is amazed by how much came out. 

THIS is our story. We all have toxins inside of us. Refuse. Waste. Not only physical but emotional and spiritual as well. We don't realize how much is in there but I can almost guarantee you - more than you think.

Anger, jealousy, hostility [even towards ourselves], cynicism, fear, anxiety, stinginess and the list goes on and on. 

And on. 

The BEAUTY of the days of teshuva is that they allow us to removve all of these POISONS from our system. 

So let it out!! CLEANSE YOURSELF. It's the BEST!!! 

מעשה שהיה a few days ago:

There was a certain chashuv Rov I was very angry with. Very chashuv and very angry:-). It was sitting there in my heart for a loooong time. I said to myself "this is NOT HEALTHY!!"

So I got up the guts. Big-time guts. I went to him and said "I have a few things in my heart against the Rov. Is the Rov mocheil if I tell him". He said "Of course". I then told him what bothered me. He didn't interrupt. When I was finished, he respectfully responded to my claims one by one, explaining his behavior.

And I was cleansed. 

We can do that with almost everyone. 

We can also cleanse ourselves in other ways. All of our bad middos can be corrected. All of our stupid mistakes can be fixed. 

EVERYTHING CAN BE FIXED. 

On condition - that we engage in the process. We introspect. We allow ourselves to feel imperfect and keep loving ourselves. We think of ways to change. We apologize to those we wronged. Especially Hashem.

And then? 

And then אשריכם ישראל לפני מי אתם מטהרים ומי מטהר אתכם - אביכם שבשמים - We first purify ourselves and then Hashem purifies us. 

How awesome is THAT???