Thursday, May 11, 2017

"Quenched" or "Clenched"

In a previous post I wrote that I "clenched many a thirst". The reality is that I have never "clenched" a thirst nor would I know how. But it was an adorable mistake so I am leaving it. 

There is a Medrash which expresses this very point. Hashem LOVES us even when we mess up. 

"רבי יונה אמר: שני חברים שעוסקין בדבר הלכה, זה אומר בית אב של הלכה וזה אינו אומר בית אב של הלכה. אמר הקדוש ברוך הוא: ודגלו עלי אהבה. אמר ר' אחא: עם הארץ שקורא לאהבה איבה, כגון: ואהבת, ואייבת. אמר הקדוש ברוך הוא: "ודילוגו עלי אהבה ". אמר ר' יששכר: תינוק שקורא לְמשֶׁה מַשֶׁה, לְאַהֲרן אַהֲרַן, לְעֶפְרן עֶפְרַן. אמר הקדוש ברוך הוא: "וליגלוגו עלי אהבה "


If there is ONE thing I would change in this world it might be this. People should allow others to be imperfect. Without anger. Without criticism. Just accept and love. If you want to fix someone I have the PERFECT candidate - you can find him/her in the nearest mirror.   


Thank you for understanding.

Love,
Me