Tuesday, February 14, 2017

A Thought From Tehillim: Today Is Going To Be A GREAT Day! [I LOVE Tehillim!! I Am SUCH A Girl!!!:-):-)]

Lirfuas  Ephraim Zalmen ben Adina Shaindel.



יְהוָה--בֹּקֶר, תִּשְׁמַע קוֹלִי; בֹּקֶר אֶעֱרָךְ-לְךָ, וַאֲצַפֶּה.


"Hashem at dawn hear my voice, at dawn I will prepare myself for you and I anticipate." [Tehillim 5/4]

Morning is a time of mercy - להגיד בבוקר חסדך [Rabbeinu Bechaye]. Rashi notes that the morning is also a time when the evil are punished as the pasuk says
לַבְּקָרִים, אַצְמִית כָּל-רִשְׁעֵי-אָרֶץ;

The Radak emphasizes that best time to daven is first thing in the morning before you do ANYTHING else [EVEN check your email. My father-in-law בעולם שכולו טוב hasn't checked his email in 11 years and he is managing JUST fine]. If I put Hashem FIRST, says the Metzudos, He will put me first. 

In the morning our souls are renewed, for all of creation goes back to its starting point. Our roots are deeply embedded in the Ribbono Shel Olam. Every morning we have the capacity to attain new insights into ruchniyus and serve Hashem with reJEWvenation and deeper understanding. Therefore - we anticipate all of the WONDERFUL things the day will bring. In the words of Rav Yaakov Moshe ztz"l: