Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Sefer Update

Thus far, six people have come forward to help sponsor the sefer which will be published in the near future BEZ"H

That is less than one percent of the readers of this blog. That means that over 99 percent are not willing or able to contribute. 

I learn from this a HUUUUGE fact. That over 99 percent of the readers of this blog give so much to other worthy causes that they have nothing left. Baruch Hashem!! ועמך כווווולם צדיקים. 

Those who really want to give but can't right now there is good news. For my daughters wedding I plan BS"D bl"n to put out another sefer [it is already written - it just needs final editing]. Another opportunity to be my partner in spreading Torah.   

My idea to save the world. 

This Pesach, over 150 MILLION DOLLARS will probably be spent on various "Pesach Programs" all over the world, from Arizona to Cancun, from California to China [!!].

My idea is that ONE YEAR, nobody goes away. No one will starve. The food will be plentiful. The homes lived in by people who go to hotels are generally quite comfortable. Just 8 less days of fressing away. 

With this 150 mil. we can buy, say 300 apartments. Then these apartments are rented out and hundreds of thousands of dollars of revenue are generated EACH MONTH!!

This money is used to help HUNDREDS of poor families, THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE, who don't have enough money for basic necessities. I know such people. Some live right in my neighborhood. [Last year I tried to raise for them via the blog and about 2 people responded and one person didn't follow through...]

Is that an idea OR WHAT??

And what would be the loss? Less pounds gained, better shmiras einayim for the holy yuntiv, less hassle in airports etc,, a more secure home environment for the kinderlach and much more. 

If it is REALLY hard for people - they can go away for Shavuos - right around the corner. 

If I can't organize this for all of Klal Yisrael - maybe at least as a result of my words some people will think twice about those who lack the basics.

Others will get angry at me that I have the chutzpah to tell them what to do with THEIR money. 

I am not against vacations. If a person needs it - gezunt-eheit. But I do question the morality of spending money Hashem gave one in excess of ones needs on extras while others lack the basics. If you want your life to change forever - see the Ohr Hachaim Hakadosh on the pasuk אם כסף תלוה את עמי [Mishpatim 22/ 24]. 

Bi-ahava rabba,
Me