Wednesday, January 20, 2016

One More Great Man - Money Shmoney

Re the previous post: One more person contributed. 

3 all together. 

In my neighborhood they are building two shuls. The population here is comprised of mostly young people with growing families where the husband learns in kollel and the wife has a low paying job. Loads of people are giving huge sums, even in the 10's of thousands of shekels. 

I ask for a small donation to publish a sefer and receive almost no response. All I can say is - I still love Jews. Even when they don't want to help. 

The difficulty of supporting Torah is an ancient problem. Take being a Rebbi in a yeshiva in Israel. A person works full time and gets paid about the rent of his apartment which means that there is no money for food, clothing or anything else. Hashem runs the world and He finds a way to keep people alive but at the end of the day - people are poor and often heavily in debt. Baruch Hashem, I am also zocheh to be in such a situation. I will print the sefer and maybe go deeper in the hole.  

But I must add - it is worth it. Torah is more valuable than all of the money in the world. טוב לי תורת פיך מאלפי זהב וכסף. It gets a little tricky though when one has to pay bills and especially when children get married. And it is still worth it. 

Money shmoney. 

Love and blessings to all 