Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Only Eitza...

A very sweet email I received regarding a recent post....

Shalom Rebbe!!!

Obviously I am not emailing you to say I have an answer on how to address Shmiras HaBris issues. This was more me missing you and just reaching out stam. But I did want to share something so powerful I heard on Shushan Purim by Rav Mottel Zilber Shlita (The Stutchin Toldos Yehuda Rebbe) at his tisch.

He got up and said that recently there was an Asifa. And while that's fine and dandy there is really only one eitzah for all these inyanim. He got up on the table and started jumping and sang "שעבינו מטובך " over and over.
This left a deep Roshem on me. Sabeinu Mituvecha is the only eitzah. We need to be so satisfied, so filled to the brim with recognizing Hashem's good to us that we won't possibly have any room for other "pleasures".

My only concern is that we are a generation of Achila Gasa and to be "full" is a very high threshold for us.

B'ahava Sheino Taluy B'Anything,
------