Sunday, August 23, 2015

Kevin - Brad - The Car That Didn't Return - The Neshma That Did - "I" - What I?

It is an unbelievable, sobering thought. You wake up in the morning - FILLED with gratitude to Hashem. He gave you YET ANOTHER DAY of life. Some people entrust their souls to Hashem at night, and like a car I once gave to an attendant named Kevin to park at the Rockleigh Country Club, they NEVER GET IT BACK. [I made that up. His name was Brad].

We entrusted out souls to Hashem at night and in the morning we wake up refreshed with NEW LIFE. Yet, we look at the world, see the vast cosmos, appreciate the awe-inspiring universe, look yet higher and think of the Almighty G-d who created everything and think to ourselves - what am I? I am nothing. Less than a speck of dust! Entering the world of thanks requires us to "admit" [see previous posts] that we are but zero to the millionth degree.

So how can I say מודה אני? What אני?? "I" am nothing.

Ahhhhhh - but if you can appreciate the great Hand Of Hashem that created everything and that you too are a unique divine creation - then you can happily proclaim אני. I. If I know from whence I came - then there is an "I" in full force.

Let us see the poetry and majesty of the language of the Rav. And let us FURTHER appreciate how much depth there is in one word which we mumble daily [we hope no more. From now on - we proclaim with Majesty!]


האדם מוצא את עצמו בעצמו, ע"י אור החיים האלהיים המופיעים בקרבו, הממלאים אותו ברוח הטוב של רגש התודה של הכרת הטובה האלהית והבטאתה. כי במה נחשב האדם בחלישות כחו, באפסיותו וזעירותו, נגד כל היקום הגדול והעצום, וכחות הבריאה האדירים והנפלאים העוטרים אותו, מרוב שממון לעומתם אובד האדם את תוכן האני שלו. אמנם בהאיר עליו אותו האור של הכרת הטובה האלהית, וכל הסעיפים הקדושים כבירי עז הקודש שהיא מעירה בקרבו, אז בא האדם להכיר את גדולת ערכו, את אניותו והעדר בטולו בכללות ההויה, ומוצא את עצמו מאושר לומר בפה מלא : אני
 
לזכות שיינדי חנה בת מלכה לברכה  והצלחה בכל מעשי ידיה!!