Thursday, June 25, 2015

For The VERY FIRST TIME.....


The gemara says that a man may not walk between two women [Pesachim 111a and see SHTARK WORDS IN the Zohar Chadash Rus אות ש.]

When I go to weddings in the States there is a custom that after the chosson and kallah leave the yichud room [and after the band has played a time honored yiddishe niggun such as the Eye Of The Tiger from the film Rocky or the Baker Street Intro] they run in between two rows of screeching, excited girls holding on to these half circle sticks [just as the players do before a football game - the kesher between marriage and a football game eludes me..] and after they get to the end they separate until the next course of eating and dance with their respective genders.

This is a case of a man walking in between to women [lots of times]. Should I like, say something? Will I ever be invited to a wedding again if I do? Am I a party pooper? Do I not know how to have a good time? Do I not understand the beauty of football, fast loud rocking music, chosson and kallah, a mafia owned wedding hall with high ceilings, loud carpets, big paintings, music in the restrooms, fine young african american men who take away your car and you actually willingly give them the keys, all together?

I am not going to say anything but since sometimes they put me at the rabbi table [if you invite me please put me with the single guys - my wife is always in Israel and many times the rabbis leave early and I have the nisayom of eating six portions - plus they talk Torah and I don't know much Torah] I am going to tell someone else at my table to make a fool of himself [in people's eyes] and say something.

Li-sheim shomayim.