Thursday, June 25, 2015

A Lecture On The Jettisoning Of Authority

Very nice man. Great fundraiser. [The link doesn't mean you should listen. May I humbly suggest instead one of my shiurim instead??]  Many zchuyot. Named two high schools after my grandparents [it helped that someone in my family paid for it...:-). I will gladly open up an institution in my grandparent's honor if I have the same incentive].

What I learned from the lecture is not to listen to gedolei yisroel.

Therefore even though they almost unanimously say that one may not go up to Har Ha-bayis, I should ignore them and go.

Even though they say that a Jew from chutz la-aretz should keep two days of Yom Tov when in Israel, they should be ignored and one day should be kept [at least with respect to davening and the like]. Otherwise, all of the brachos made on Yom Yov Sheni are li-vatala. In other words - every Yom Tov, hundreds of thousands of brachos li-vatala are made because people follow the psak of gedolei yisrael.

We should change the nusach of "Nacheim" on tisha b'av.

I am still left with one question - He would admit that he is not of the caliber of the gedolei yisrael with whom he differs, so why should I listen to him?

That wasn't answered in Jamaica Estates.

Should we practice anarchy? Ditto for "Rabba's" or "Rabbi-ettes" and other innnovative "Conservative-esque" phenomena.

Very troubling.

Very.