Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Chutz La-aretz - G-dless - Idolatrous - Weird - Promise - Guaranteed Wealth

The gemara [ksubos 110b] says "....if one lives in chutz la-aretz it is as if he has no G-d". The gemara then wonders, "[really] ...if one lives in chutz la-aretz it is as if he has no G-d?" Can't be.


The gemara answers [hold on tight] Ahhhh, no you misunderstood. What we meant was that if one lives in chutz la-aretz it is as if he serves idols.

Am I missing something? That was the question. The gemara retracts and then says exactly what we thought in the question.

Weird.

I PROMISE you. There are thousands of places in Shas where if you just THINK you will find such oddities. Then when you think more you will discover the indescribable depth of our Holy Talmud. I wish you could taste it like I do [and my friends at the Yeshiva G'dola D'skype!]. And if you do - you are the RICHEST man on the world.