Sunday, November 2, 2014

Smile

JEWISH MOTHER

The year is 2016 and the United
States has elected the first woman
as well as the first Jewish
president, Susan Goldfarb.

She calls up her mother a few weeks
after Election Day and says,

'So, Mom, I assume you'll be coming
to my inauguration?'

'I don't think so. It's a ten hour
drive, your father isn't as young as
he used to be, and my arthritis is
acting up again.'

'Don't worry about it Mom, I'll send
Air Force One to pick you up and
take you home. And a limousine will
pick you up at your door.'

'I don't know. Everybody will be so
fancy-schmantzy, what on earth would
I wear?'

Susan replies, 'I'll make sure you
have a wonderful gown custom-made by
the best designer in New York.'

'Honey,' Mom complains, 'you know I
can't eat those rich foods you and
your friends like to eat.'

The President-to-be responds, 'Don't
worry Mom. The entire affair is
going to be handled by the best
caterer in New York, kosher all the
way. Mom, I really want you to come.'

So Mom reluctantly agrees and on
January 20, 2017, Susan Goldfarb is
being sworn in as President of the
United States. In the front row sits
the new President's mother, who
leans over to a senator sitting next
to her and says, 'You see that woman
over there with her hand on the
Torah, becoming President of the
United States??

The Senator whispers back, 'Yes I do.

Mom says proudly, 'Her brother is a
doctor.