Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Peace Talks

I usually stay out of politics. I don't follow it closely, generally don't trust poloticians and would rather follow the gemara. I still haven't heard anything about politics that I find as intellectually stimulating as a daf gemara. Of course that is besides the fact that learning Torah is a mitzva and knowing what Obama said about the situation in Iraq is not. Why do a non-mitzva when one can do a mitzva??

However, the follwing exchange was reported between Netanyahu and Obama and in the interest in putting a smile on Jew's faces, I record it:

OBAMA: Hey, Benjamin, you like jokes?
NETANYAHU: Who doesn’t enjoy a good joke? Except maybe my mother-in-law. May she rest in peace.
OBAMA: I’m sorry for your loss.
NETANYAHU: Oh, she’s still alive. I’m just anticipating.
OBAMA: Well, it’s important to keep hope alive. Here’s one you might like…
A man goes to a psychiatrist and says, "Doc, my brother's crazy, he thinks he's a chicken." The doctor says, "Why don't you turn him in?" The guy says, "We would. But we need the eggs."
NETANYAHU: That’s a good one. Here’s one for you…
A guy is sitting at home when he hears a knock at the door. He opens the door and sees a snail on the porch. He picks up the snail and throws it as far as he can. Three years later, there’s a knock on the door. He opens it and sees the same snail. The snail says "What the heck was that all about?"
OBAMA: Wonderful. Maybe we should team up and tour with a comedy act. I can also sing.
NETANYAHU: I heard you singing on CNN. I think it would be wise for us both to keep our day jobs.
OBAMA: Fair enough. Say, can I offer you some brandy and a cigar, maybe a slice of Hadassah Lieberman’s brisket?
NETANYAHU: Finally, these talks are getting someplace