Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Sweetest


Here in my study, where I sit most of every day, I have nothing but sfarim and a computer. No pictures on the walls or anything like that. One exception. My daughter made me a beautiful sign which she hung up with the words of the Ohr Hachaim on this weeks parsha.

On the words ושמחת בכל הטוב writes the Ohr Hachaim: 

דאין טוב אלא תורה, שאם היו בני אדם מרגישין במתיקות ועריבות טוב התורה, היו משתגעין ומתלהטין אחריה ולא יחשב בעולם מלא כסף וזהב למאומה, כי התורה כוללת כל הטובות שבעולם

The word טוב refers to Torah [you should be happy with the good of Torah], for if people would feel the sweetness of Torah, they would go crazy after it and the entire world filled with gold and silver would be meaningless in their eyes, BECAUSE TORAH INCLUDES ALL OF THE GOOD THINGS THE WORLD HAS TO OFFER.

So true. If we would only believe it our lives would be so different, so much sweeter....:-)

Here is a beautiful musical presentation.