Thursday, February 27, 2014

Divine Providence - Pretty Dogs - Stupid Sofas - A Nice Chossid

I have been in New York for almost two weeks and as always, there are so many things that I have experienced that have shown me the Yad Hashem. It is simply AMAZING. I wish I could share all of my stories but I will not both because of how busy I am and because of the private nature of many of the stories. Suffice it to say, that I try to live with an oft repeated principal of the Holy Sfas Emes, namely, that if you live you life with the clarity that Hashem is running the show, He will show you with certainty that He does.

One small story: The other day I was in a neighborhood and didn't know where to go. It was night, it was dark, I didn't have a phone and had to get somewhere fast. What I really wanted was to meet a certain close friend, but how could I possibly find him? I walked to his house but he wasn't home. His wife tried to reach him but he didn't answer. I left the building into the cold night and started to walk.

All of the sudden I hear someone calling from a car "Rebbi!" It was none other than this good friend who gladly drove me the five minutes to my destination [I didn't know how to get there so it would have taken me 2 days...] and picked me up as well. Of all the people in the UNIVERSE....... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:-)

I also see FUNNY things. I find it hilarious that here on the Upper West Side, the dog capital of the world, they have a "beauty parlor" for dogs to keep peoples dogs looking their best:-). "Muffin, you look gorgeous today!! Who did your hair??"

They are having a "stupid sofa sale" in a local store where "the sofas aren't stupid but the prices are".

Last night I saw two old ladies who were debating whether to cross the street at a red light. I politely opined that since it is dark and the cars are moving really fast, it is not a good idea. They readily agreed and as I walked away, I heard one lady say to the other "A nice chossid!"

:--)