Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Taking Responsibility

I expand on the recent post about the autobiography in five short chapters. This is a therapy session. If you don't think you need it then you probably need it more than you think... If you think you need it, then, by golly, you are on the right road. Either way, it's free, so "chap a rein"!

Chapter 1:

I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe that I am in the same place.
But it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

I pretend I don't see it. Many mistakes we make, we saw coming but we were careless. That's OK. We are only human.

But it isn't my fault. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, here is the real problem. It is not my fault. It's my mother's fault, my father's fault, my teacher's fault, my bosses fault, Obama's fault. Hey, I know. It's my wife's fault. Anyone but me. Thank you Nechi [the aforementioned "wife"] for being around all the time to blame. Makes it so much easier for me to retain my facade of infallibility. [She rarely reads the blog. Busy with things like preparing dinner and taking care of my children so I can sit and play 'computer games' as I am doing now. I will ask her to read this. She should know that I feel gratitude....]

It will certainly take a long time to get out. Throwing off the yoke of responsibility creates complications and prevents solutions.

Stay tuned....:-)