Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Looking For A Sign

This may or may not have happened.....:-)

One day I was sitting on the train in Manhattan and I noticed a fellow who was intently staring out the window. I asked him what he was looking for.

He explained: "This is the first time I have been out in three years. I was a prisoner in jail until now and was just let free. It happened because I was very poor and one day decided that I have to steal. I was caught and sent to jail. My father was terribly embarrassed over my despicable deed. Everyone was talking about it. Before I was released I wrote him a letter and told him that I was really really sorry for what I did and that I hope he will let me back home. I told him that if he doesn't want me I sadly would not return. I made a sign - If he leaves a yellow scarf at the closest train stop to our house I know that he wants me back and will descend from the train. Otherwise, I will keep going and never come back. I am waiting to see if there is a yellow scarf hanging somewhere."

I asked him when his stop was. He said "Next one".

At the next stop I looked up and there was not one yellow scarf - there were dozens of them.....

Avinu Malkeinu - Hachzeereinu Bi-tshuva shleima lifanecha. Our Father wants us to return. We just have to want it too......

Lirfuas R' Shlomo Ben Feige Dina.