Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Unexpected

I wrote earlier today about the 3000th post on Mevakesh. In the category of "things you didn't plan in life": When I first started a blog [called Alleywaystotorah] about 8 or so years ago it was intended soley for the purpose of making my audio shiurim available and I had no intention of writing. The end result was that my audio shiurim ended up on yutorah and I use the blog only to write [and link the shiurim]. Before I moved from Alleyways I posted close to 2000 times. So what I never planned has thus far equaled close to 5000 posts. The greatest mitzva around is spreading Torah so I must say that this is [together with the audio shiurim] my absolute greatest zchus in this world.

I must reiterate that it is all because of you [and Hashem of course] that it has been such a huge unexpected success. One one hand, I hope it continues, but on the other hand I hope that I can find an opportunity to teach somewhere which will allow me person to person contact and also the funds to pay the electricity bills for my computer use [and other luxuries such as groceries, clothing for my growing children and school tuition's] but will allow me less time to blog. It will be worth it, I hope.

It has been mentioned to me that many of the posts can be collected into book form and as a matter of fact a good friend made a file of many posts and sent it to a publisher who rejected it... But if anyone would like to pay for it להגדיל תורה ולהאדירה then by all means. Publishing a book is expensive but it seems that many would benefit, especially those fortunate enough not to have Internet who have no access to our material. I believe that Mevakesh offers a type of Torah perspective and style not found in typical, contemporary writing. I would pay for it myself but there is one thing stopping me.... But if someone else doesn't have that hindrance then please do and זכות הרבים תלויה בך.  

I am not going to ask anyone personally to help fund it because if people want to fund things I have other ideas that take precedence.

In any event - thanks again!