Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Good Investment

Issav Siyag related the following story:

In 1985 I was living in America and came to Israel for a visit. My friend suggested that I go visit Rav Ben Tov who was living in Beer Sheva at the time. I rented a car and arrived with tremendous hashgacha pratit. I brought a mezuza along and the Rav looked at it.

He told me "You are healthy but have high cholesterol. Leave the city where you live and don't worry - you will make money, gold - from garbage [מזבל - it can also mean fertilizer].

That night I returned to America and after being examined it turned out that I indeed had high cholesterol. I moved cities to New York and invested in a business. All I had then was debt but I invested in the stocks of a company that made electricity from garbage. I invested more and more and received dividends ten-fold from what I invested.

צדיק המזוזות 244