Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Good Head

A woman who manages a beauty parlor related the following story:

Women who come to me relate their problems. A woman once came and told me that the ultra sound showed that her fetus has an abnormally large head which is the right size for a three year old and that they must abort. She started to cry and asked "What should I do?"

I told her that we have to take her mezuzos and go to Rav Ben Tov. He looked at her mezuzos and said "Listen, the baby is healthy. He will be just fine."

The woman said "OK, I hear what you are saying. But what if the child has a problem. Then what?"

The Rav took a paper and wrote "I, Rav Moshe Ben Tov, declare that I will raise your child if he is not born healthy."

She looked at the paper and said "What? The doctors don't understand? They say that he has a big head."

The Rav said "Look, when you plant wheat, it looks like the first stalks that grow will be meters high, but when the whole field becomes ripe, all of the stalks are the same height! Look, everyone starts with their strongest part. Your son will be very smart, he will have a good head!"

And so it was!:-)

צדיק המזוזות עמוד 178