Monday, April 29, 2013

Make Your Dreams Come True

I am actually similar to you in that I read this blog, too!:).

The previous post got me thinking.....

What is [if I may express myself in the terminology of the beis medrash] PSHAT in dreams, both those dreamt in a wakened state and those in a less conscious mode? What do they mean?

[I used to like to teach the 9th perek of brachos because it is all about dreams so when the students fell asleep during class, I felt like "Oh, they are just putting into practice what they learned"].

A dream comes from a very deep place in the psyche and soul. So when I, Elchanan Ehrman, dream, nobody can fully understand its depth besides me, because it emanates from my most essential self. I still haven't succeeded in finding a person whom I felt fully understands me because to understand me is to be me.

Please substitute my name for yours and reread the previous paragraph. Does that resonate with you?

You may email me your response.....:)

Lets take Yosef as a f'rinstence. His brothers couldn't understand what he was dreaming about. "YOU? JOE? KING? No way!!!" But in his deepest self he understood that he WAS king and that his brothers would ultimately bow down to him.

He was right.....

The word for dream,  חלם, can be scrambled to read לחם. Bread, sustenance. Our dreams sustain us.

Keep dreaming. Don't let others get you down, they don't fully understand you anyway. [I add that it is often wise to get an outside, objective opinion as well for reasons beyond the scope of our discussion but ultimately the final decisions rest upon you]. You have tremendous potential waiting to be unlocked.

Dreams, and the ability to fulfill them, are a gift from Above. Hashem is כל יכול and He can make it happen. He just needs a little "help" from you in the form of resiliency and determination.

One more thing: Have patience. Yosef's dreams took many years and much heartache until they came true.

Patience.