Monday, April 8, 2013

Less In My Wallet - More In My Brain

Today [שני לשבת] was the second to last day of the Mossad HaRav Kook sale. Many blogs feature the books the blogger has been reading recently, so I will weigh in with the books that my faithful family members picked up for me on their excursion to Yerushalayim today in order to plug the books and encourage people to buy and learn.

Imagine you could read [and understand] a book written by the smartest person on the planet earth? Wouldn't that be SOMETHING!!! Well, I am the proud new owner of TWO books written by  a man smarter [most likely] than anyone else on the planet. His name is Rabbi Joseph Rosen and he served as the Rabbi of a small village in White Russia called "Dvinsk". He is better known as "The Rogochover Gaon" and a Gaon he was. Off the charts beyond anything humanly imaginable. [Try writing halachic responsum with two hands on two different topics while talking in learning with four people at the same time....] I have the UNREAL zchus of owning [as of this afternoon] his commentary to the Rambam Hilchos Shabbos and Hilchos Ishus. SHEHECHEEEYAAAANUUUUUUUUUUUUU ....... LAZMAANNNNNNNN HAZEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I also purchased a copy of the newly published shiurim of Rav Soloveitchik on Maseches Krisus. NOT NORMAL! Riveting!! A real page turner!! The best of the year!!!!!

I also highly recommend a book I borrowed [published by Mossad HaRav Kook] called  תורת הגר"א ומשנת החסידות which endeavors to show that the Vilna Gaon and the Chasidim were BOTH RIGHT!

I ALSO recommend ANY SEFER that you are going to learn....:):)