Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tell It Straight

In the last few months I learned something very fascinating. I have had to ask numerous people for chesed in helping me with certain things and almost always received a positive response. But in most instances they didn't follow through. Then I realized what was going on - it's not polite to say "no". So people say "yes" and then do nothing. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't experienced it. This bland keyboard is not sufficient in helping me express my incredulity!

פלאי פלאי פלאות!!!

Tonight I met an acquaintance who I was told could help me with something. I asked him and he said straight out "I can't help you". I LIKED that.

We have a word for it in English.

"Honesty".

My last name means "honest man" so I hope that I too uphold this sacrosanct value. Sacrosanct. Great SAT word. If you email me I will tell you my score on the SATS.

PS - Tomorrow may be a very critical day for me. Please drop a line to heaven for Elchanan ben Henna Miraim and may the blessing of Chazal be fulfilled and your own tfilos will be answered first.

PPS - The surgery for Shalva bas Avigail Raizel went well B"H. Thanks for davening.

Love always,

Me