Monday, November 19, 2012

Hearing But Not Listening

I often talk [and write] about how people don't really listen. The words go into the ear and are heard but there is not true listening. They tried the following experiment in the Knesset. A journalist approached various Knesset members in the halls of the Knesset and asked the following question [I will translate into English]: "In your opinion, in light of the rising inflation and the fall of the Stock Market, will the wonshplat  begin to gintij on the bruplast?" Meaning, a nonsensical, unintelligible question. 

Remarkably, most of the people answered! The more veteran the Knesset member, the more confidence that he reflected in his answer. "Yes, I believe that......"

What does it matter what was asked, I want to say what I want to say.....:-)

[Heard from R' Yoni Lavie]

What makes me sad is that I know people who read this blog who don't know how to listen and this post won't change a thing.

Or maybe it will. A little.....