Thursday, October 11, 2012

Too Busy

A chapter in my life....

In the course of looking for a place to house the yeshiva next year [PLEASE G-D!] I need to speak to a certain CEO in the real estate business. First I called him on his personal phone [that was the number information gave me]. He was very nice and told me to call him at work. I called him repeatedly but he kept having his secretary tell me he is too busy to speak on the phone. Then I was told that he is so busy that he can't speak with me until after the holidays.

Patience:-).

Then by a strike of Divine Providence I saw him on the street on Wednesday morning. I stopped him and introduced myself and told him that I'd like to speak with him. He was very nice and told me that he is flying to chutz la-aretz so he won't have time. I told him that I too am flying to chutz la-aretz - so maybe we can get together there [I didn't really say the part about getting together there:-)]. So then he said - "OK - we'll get together Friday morning. Call my office tomorrow."

The next day I called his office but was told by his secretary that there would be no answer until the end of the day. At the end of the day I inquired again only to be told that "I am very sorry but he is very busy and will have no time to get together with you tomorrow".

I wrote an email saying that I feel very disrespected ["מזלזלים בי"] getting the run around like this.

The secretary wrote back apologizing but explaining that today was the first time I asked for an appointment and that they don't mean to be disrespectful and that he is really busy.

The FIRST TIME. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

To compound the problem, I was told by two people to be careful from this guy and that he is not the nicest most upright person.

Now my problem is - How do I like him? I have a mitzva from the Torah of ואהבת לרעך כמוך. One of my weak points is really liking people who make my life difficult.... [Included in this list are people who slander me, lie to me, are rude to me and in general people who I see as being bad people].

I could try the approach of "It's not from him - it's all Hashem testing you". I will try it and hope to reach the highest levels of emunah.

I could also learn from this not to give other people the run around when they want to speak to me.

Both ways would be beneficial.

I also will use this as a way of overcoming one of my more basic middos deficiencies - difficulty in dealing with frustration. Because this [together with a number of other curve balls that are being thrown my way] is VERY frustrating.

May Hashem give us all the strength and the simchas chaim to deal with everything that comes our way:-).

Love, blessings and Divine Light to all!