Sunday, September 2, 2012

Negativity

I recently had the unfortunate fate to have to interact with a very negative person. He magically finds ways to turn every positive into a negative and every negative into a double negative [but not the type that equals a positive]. After I finish with this man my energy is sapped and I find myself being angry. Really angry.

Now that my emotions have been given expression I will let my mind take over. This person has issues [that I may or may not be aware of] that generate a negative, pessimistic attitude. That has NOTHING to do with reality. Nothing. It is just a result of a skewed perspective on life. This person doesn't experience the same simchas chaim that I do precisely because of his negativity. I wouldn't want to be like him so I will not allow him to effect me.

Now I feel better.

A little better:-).

Remember sweetest friends. Your attitudes and perspectives affect others in ways we will never know. Even the non-verbal vibes you give off impact others. I have this eerie almost mystical sense of this person's poisonous negativity and it is contagious. I am slightly ill now but I think that learning a few passages from the Light of Lights HaRav Kook ztz"l should restore my emotional and spiritual equilibrium.

Chazal understood this and decreed that we should be מתחיל בדבר טוב ומסיים בדבר טוב - Start and end on a positive note.

A side note. I love this person. I really do. Just the negativity is a bit too much for me to bear....

Love to all:-).