Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Gift Of Life - Crowning Hashem

Today I was at the dentist and he removed my temporary crown. Problem is that the fine gentleman knocked it towards my throat. Where it got stuck. [Now the story gets exciting..]

I started gagging. The dentist started panicking and banging my back [I don't think you are supposed to do that, but what I do I know about these things]. He then stuck his finger down my throat to try to get me to cough it up. All the while I am coughing up blood - but not the crown. I think to myself  "What a terrible way to die. Choking to death on a temporary crown." The blood continues to flow.

Finally it seems that I swallowed it. בתיאבון is not the operative word here.

The bracha was that at mincha and maariv when I thanked Hashem על חיינו המסורים בידיך - for the gift of life, I MEANT it!

 In the future instead of taking the "crown" for myself I would prefer giving it to Him, as we cry out in kedusha "Kessseeerrrrrrrr yitnuuuuuu lichaaaaaaa".....