Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Painful Tikkun

Today I had to renew my US passport. HASSLE! But I did it. I went with a cab driver who opened up to me VERY quickly. He is embroiled in TWO major disputes. One with his ex-wife and another with a woman he was living with and who bore him a child. [He claims that his ex-wife doesn't want their child and his ex-girlfriend... I don't remember if she wants the child or not].

This bareheaded fellow kept praising Hashem and assured me that it's his tikkun in this world. He also told me that he doesn't want to live in sin and that he yearns for a solid fulfilling relationship. All I did for these women was good, he said with convincing sincerity, but both women had mental health issues. Now he suffers.

OF COURSE there are two sides to every story but I felt really badly for him [did I mention the legal costs?]. I gave him my phone number should he ever want to talk about it.

I liked his line about not wanting to live in sin. I agreed with him and said that nobody wants to live in sin.

Sin is never good.

May all of his suffering be a tikkun....