Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Offended?

Today someone did something to me which was by all accounts offensive. Or maybe I should say obnoxious. No  - rude! Well - something to that effect. I can't give all the background but suffice it to say it was not behavior that would be endorsed by the organization "Derech Eretz Of America" [a new organization just started as I write this blog].

But then a strange thing happened. Even though it was an affront to me I wasn't in the SLIGHTEST BIT offended. Really. And not because I have no feelings. I wasn't offended because his behavior had NOTHING to do with me. HE unfortunately has a problem. So why should I be offended because someone else has a problem???

In many instances we are bothered by the behavior of others when it REALLY has NOTHING to do with us. So please, don't let others control your mood. If someone else acts against the rules of accepted etiquette - that is their issue and not yours. May Hashem send all such people a refuah shleima:-).