Saturday, June 9, 2012

Moral Corruption

For better or for worse I have to take the subway to get around New York. I saw an ad for a movie playing in the theaters. On the bottom of the ad it said something like "This movie contains profanity, nudity, violence, drug use" and a few other things I don't remember. So, we are told, children under seventeen require adult supervision.

AM I MISSING SOMTHING??? Should adults over seventeen be watching such filth?? Maybe I am just old-fashioned but my understanding is that watching evil promotes evil.

But that's just the goyim... or is it?

Closer to home. I was told over shabbos that there is a very popular book among young religious girls that is filth-vulgar-sleaze-garbage-impure-revolting-morally-offensive and it is very IN. I know nothing about the book and don't want to know. I just have a personal request. If you are reading it PLEASE STOP. It will contaminate your soul in a such a way that you might never be able to get the stain out. Forever. So please. Discard a book and save a soul.

[Please circulate this post. Most people who read this blog wouldn't read such a book and most people who are reading the book don't read this blog. After I first posted this piece a girl emailed me that her friends say they find it "intriguing". "Intriguing" is not a halachic category that permits such yuck.]

BLESSINGS:-)!!!