Sunday, June 3, 2012

Entitlement

Sometimes people are really nice to me and I don't feel I deserve it. Sometimes people are really mean to me and I don't think I deserve it. Sometimes it's the same person [that happened to me recently]! So I decided that in the end it all balances it out and I get exactly what I deserve...

Speaking of "deserving it". When I was on the plane coming here [this is for M.H.W. who asked for a plane story:-)] one steward tried to give me a regular meal. The other steward then noticed the sticker attached to my seat indicating that I had ordered a "special kosher meal" so he said to his co-worker "מגיע לו" he deserves it [a special kosher meal]. When I heard the words "מגיע לו" I shuddered! מגיע לי???? I deserve something?? I deserve NOTHING. I am just so HAPPY that my everlastingly kind Creator has agreed to host me on His beautiful green earth. Anyone who walks around with the attitude of מגיע לי that he is entitled to ANYTHING will find himself very disappointed. Most people don't care what you think you deserve and Hashem might take issue and feel that you takeh don't deserve. The correct attitude is  - Whatever I receive, THANK YOU! Thanks G-d, thanks to whomever is nice enough to give me anything or provide any service for me. Such is the attitude of one who wants to enjoy and appreciate life and who sees reality as it is.

I politely refused the meal. Oily [אוי לי] chicken and the feeling of מגיע לי were less than enticing.

Thanks for letting me share:-)