Thursday, May 3, 2012

Letters To Hashem

Dear Hashem,


This is NOT fair. I am 29 and still single. Another girl just "one and doned" me. I can't take it anymore. I know I have a good job and health and parents and good friends. But this dating thing is killing me. I have had enough. I just have no cheshek to learn and daven anymore if that's how You are going to treat me. I don't mean disrespect but I look around and almost everybody my age seems to be married with kids and I am stuck.


Aryeh ben Raizel Yenta




Dear Hashem,


This is NOT fair. I can't seem to make a living. I just got laid off AGAIN! I can't take it anymore. This debt is killing me. I know that I have a beautiful wife and 6 healthy children who give me nachas but this money thing is destryoing me. Everybody around me has good jobs and goes on nice vacations while I have to borrow money for rent. It just makes me want to stay in bed when my alarm wakes me up for shachris. How can I daven when You have all the money in the world and won't give me what I need.


Binyamin Dovid Yitzchak ben Peshe Chaya Shprintze




Dear Hashem,


This is NOT fair. I am not feeling well AGAIN! It is just one thing after another. I seem to be at the doctor every other day. I can't take it anymore. You are the Healer of all flesh so why can't you just make me healthy. I know the cliche that I "have a lot to be thankful for" and should "count my blessings" but it's just too much for me when I feel lousy all the time. I know I have a wonderful doting, adoring husband and five beautiful healthy children and more money than I will ever need but I can't enjoy it all if I feel sick all the time. Please do something already. I just don't feel like parroting words of emunah to my kids anymore when I think of my miserable situation.


Your daughter,


Yonina Michaela bas Nechama Baila



Sweet beloved friends!!

I am a man of the people. בתוך עמי אנכי יושב. Believe me - EVERYBODY is struggling with something. Everybody. I have my struggles [OH BOY, DO I!!], you have your struggles and my daughter Chana Leiba'le has her struggles [like trying to express herself when her vocabulary is limited to about 10 words. Unfortunately, one of them is "Ally". Gotta teach her that for her, it's "Abba"].

That means:

1] Accept it. Your task in life is to become the greatest possible person you can be under your given circumstances. To cling to Hashem. To become holy. A tzaddik. Or, if you prefer skirts, a tzadekes. If you don't like it, the answer is [hold on tight] that Hashem is privy to information that you are not and decided that this is what's best for you. I promise. If you want to understand, the answer is [hold on tighter] that you would have to leave this world behind first before comprehending. I think you like it here.

2] Don't be jealous of ANYONE. You never know what someone else's struggles are.

3] Get a good friend and give each other chizuk.

4] Don't take it to heart too much. Life is VERRRY short.

5] Smile. It's doesn't cost a penny and is a pill-free mood booster.

6] Hug somebody.

:-)

[Inspired by tonight's Parsha shiur by the Rebbe Shlita]