Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Correct Pronunciation - Losing The War - Baseball - Shavuos

I heard about the "asifa" at Citi field.

Three comments.

1] To the best of my knowledge the word "asifa" does not exist. It is "aseifa". That was bothering me.

2] A friend told me that a Satmar friend of his was at the aseifa and was taking pictures and putting it up on his facebook page.

[I don't mean to make light of the dangers of the internet. I just mean to "make light", because too many people are uptight and could use some comic relief. Smile Yidden. You are alive and holy!]

3] The Mets don't play in Shea anymore??? I'm appalled! What about all of my memories?? LEE MAZZILLI where are you? Next someone is going to tell me that the Yankees don't play in old Yankee Stadium anymore... Oyyyyyyyy.

Which brings me to my next trivia question - What do Yankee Stadium and Malchus Beis Dovid have in common?

They are both "The House that 'Ruth' built".

Recently I haven't been blogging much as I am preparing for my big trip. What - you didn't hear?? I am going to HAR SINAI on Sunday to receive the Torah. Hope to see you there...

Writing from a state of almost overwhelming fatigue [when I get that way I am often more giddy than normal], I remain faithfully yours.

Love and blessings:-)