Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Big Wedding Coming Up

Isn't it flat out EXCITTIIINNGGG to be a kallah!!

Well, I am about to become one - WITH all the hairs coming out of my face [I haven't shaved since before the beginning of the omer - 17 years ago...]. This ו' סיון the big wedding between us and Hashem is happening. I am counting "up" the days in anticipation. "Up" because every day I am working on making myself worthy of such a chosson. I know a kallah who wrote up a calender before her wedding [and hung on the calender pictures of her and her chosson] and marked off each day that passed. Her wedding was over 10 years ago and the calender is still hanging. Boy was she excitteedd. [Knowing her now, I don't think she is AS excited but that's a big avodah].

That is how we should feel every day as we get closer to the BIG DAY.

Shavuos is more than just cheese cake. Readers of Mevakesh know that.