Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Different Perspective

Tonight I was at the Kotel davening maariv. Or at the Koysel davening myriv. Whatever works for you. After I finished I approached the Holy Wall to have a private talk with my beloved Father to tell him about my problems. Now, I used to have a magnet on my fridge that said "Don't tell Hashem how big your problems are, tell your problems how big Hashem is". But I habitually do the former and not the latter.

Before I began, I noticed a very physically disabled young man in a wheelchair to my right. He was sobbing uncontrollably. I was overtaken by rachmanus for this unfortunate soul. I then turned back to the Kotel to remind Hashem about my problems and offer some suggestions as to how He can solve them....

Then it dawned on me.

I don't have any problems.

Perspective.

So I asked Hashem to have mercy on the young man, turned on my heals and went back home with a heavy heart.