Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Shiur From A Yid

I just received an email from YU and lo and behold - I was in it [not because I graduated from there. In order to do THAT you must first attend a college class which I have yet to do. UPDATE: I HAVE BEEN ADVISED NOT TO WRITE THAT I NEVER WENT TO COLLEGE. SO I HEREBY DECLARE THAT I HAVE A POST-DOCTORAL DEGREE FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF GENEVA IN BIO-CHEMICAL-PSYCHO-THERAPEUTIC-PHILOSOPHIC-THEOLOGY.]

A shiur from my beloved former yeshiva - before I was told to find a short pier and take a long walk:-). May Hashem bless all of the talmidim past and present and the beloved Rosh Yeshiva and Rabbeim that they should have tremendous hatzlacha in everything. [An interesting aside - I was there for over 20 years. The other day I was getting dressed after dipping in the the "Old City Swimming Pool" known by Jews as the "mikve" and I was shmoozing with a boy who related that he studies in the yeshiva. I asked him whose shiur he is in. He goes [excuse the slang...] "Do you know the rabbis there?" "Some of them", I replied. Just another reminder to my ego that I am gone and very quickly forgotten. I LOOOVVVEEEEEE when my ego gets hit. Makes me a little more of a Yid. By the way - Chasidim say that a Yid is called that because the "Yid" (as chasidim pronounce it) is the SMALLEST letter of the aleph beis. A Yid must remember how small he is....]