Saturday, January 21, 2012

Blacker Than Black

שחורה אני ונאווה

"I am black but I am beautiful"

[Song Of Songs]

Shavua Tov Beloved Friends!!

There is a Rabbi in the New York area who has an odd "rule". He refuses to read sefarim written by "Charedi Rabbis" from Israel. I find this odd because this means that he can't read 98 percent of the sefarim that are printed today.

He is certainly aware of the mishna that teaches that a truly wise man is one who learns from כל אדם - all people. Aren't Charedi Rabbis "people"? So why would this Rabbi choose to be "unwise". לאלוקים פתרונים. Maybe his hatred of his fellow Jews? But he is a firm advocate of tolerance. Doesn't tolerance extend to people with whom you disagree?? He is also a big Zionist and proponent of Aliyah. Should he not respect those Charedim who are fulfilling the Zionist dream and actually live in Israel. Instead he publicly denounces them seeking out their faults while ignoring their many positive qualities.

Wouldn't it be MORE interesting if I told you who I am talking about??

But I won't:-)! Mevakesh is not the venue for broadsides on specific individuals. We REALLY TRY to love everyone. I just wanted to condemn the phenomenon of sinas yisrael, especially against those who hold the banner of Torah study and shmiras hamitzvos so proudly.

Well, I can't claim to be a "Charedi Rabbi" but I certainly LOOK like one. Everything about me is so BLACK. My suit, my hat, my kippah, my shoes.

My TEFILLIN! Blacker than black.

So the whole drasha was primarily an excuse to inform you that you can upload my sefer [written under the auspices of our kollel, may it live a long life] from hebrewbooks here.

I read books from all types of people. Charedi, tzioni, goy-ee, male, female, black, white. On one condition - it can help me in my avodas Hashem.

May this Rabbi see the light, spread the light, and live a life of light love and holiness.