Monday, November 21, 2011

Detached

Listen to this [from the 16 minute mark - it's only about 30 seconds or less] and tell me if I am understanding correctly: One shouldn't listen to or follow one's Rabbeim from Israel after returning to America because they are detached from the present reality of the student. One should rather follow American Rabbeim who are connected to reality of life in America.

After bowing down to the honorable Rov and Gaon I beg to ask - is that correct? Because one is living in a more spiritually pure environment he can no longer guide someone living in a different environment? Are all Rabbeim from Eretz Yisrael detached??

But his attitude would explain why so many boys over the years with whom I was close in Yeshiva cut off contact with me after their return - despite my efforts to keep a kesher.

And for those who stayed connected - THANK YOU!!

Love and peace!!!!:-)