Monday, October 24, 2011

Dreams

Sweetest friends!! Sefer Beresheis has a number of dream stories. The lesson for us is PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR DREAMS! They are a window to your soul. I often have fascinating dreams which provide me with invaluable insight into the inner workings of my psyche. I sometimes have the urge to share my dreams on the blog but I hesitate because they are very revealing and although I am open about my feelings and emotions - there is a limit to how much I wish to reveal publicly.

But yesterday I had one I will share. I am at my daughter Gila's wedding and I am crying inconsolably. Not from joy but because I am shattered - I just couldn't bear the thought of losing her. She looked like an angel. Wearing a wedding gown, pure face, no makeup, simply angelic. I looked at her and was bawling. Someone I know was standing there completely unsympathetic to my plight.

I learned a number of things from this dream. One thing was that I never realized how much I love my daughter. I always knew I love her but never realized to what extent. So I will try to appreciate her more and enjoy her before that day when I will, I hope happily, give her away to her chosson. I will also try to remember that she is a gift from Above and treat Him as one treats a kind and infinitely generous benefactor.