Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chilling

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

The Serenity Prayer

Interesting stat. - 43 percent of American's are on some type of mood-altering medication. People aren't happy. People are tense!!

Serenity is the goal. The gemara [brachos 17] says that women [in general] are more prepared for olam haba because olam haba is a place of serenity and woman are naturally more relaxed than men. [That is why you have MILLIONS of stay at home mothers and virtually zero stay at home fathers (by choice). Men feel a need to conquer. Watch football players at the line of scrimmage. Can you imagine women doing that - all for a brown piece of chazir:-)].

Avoda for Elul - CHILL!!

We say it EVERY MORNING IN ELUL - "Hashem maoz chaya mimi efchad" - G-d is the strength of my life - whom shall I fear?! "Ki yitzpinaini bi'sooco biyom ra'a, yasteereinee bi'seiser oholo" - He will hide me in His shelter on the day of evil, He will conceal me in the concealment of His tent".

So men, women and children - RELAXXXXXX!!!

BI'SIMCHA TOMID!!!

Love and blessings!:-)