Sunday, July 3, 2011

Time Is Life

There was a GREAT STORM!! No, I am not referring to Manhattan today but to the Book of Yonah. There was a storm at sea and the people on the ship were trying to figure out the cause. Yonah proclaims: "Bisheli hasaar" the storm is my fault. He then says "Pick me up and throw me into the sea."

Two HUGE lessons:

1] It's my fault!! In life, if there is a problem a Jew must take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and not blame others.

2] Why "pick me up" he could have just said "throw me into the sea". Rav Leib Chasman ztz"l [Mashgiach of Chevron]: To teach us the value of a second. If they first pick him up he gains an extra second of life. A second to a Jew is an eternity. In that second he could perform numerous mitzvos.

SWEETEST AND MOST BELOVED FRIENDS!!! The summer is upon us. The Yetzer Hara has millions of ways to get us to waste time. Let's develop a strategy to beat him!!

TIME IS MORE THAN MONEY.

TIME IS LIFE:)!!