Sunday, July 17, 2011

Iyun HaNefesh Update

I once again thank our donors. You have invested in something eternal which will certainly change peoples lives for the better, make them more spiritual, kind, holy, pure and HAPPY. It is YOUR merit which will certainly help you both in this world and the next.

There is something special about being the FOUNDING MEMBERS of a Torah institution. Just as we find in halacha that the first 10 people in a minyan receive their own personal reward and a bonus for all of the people that arrive later, so too ALL of the Torah learned in the many years to come will be attributed to the founding members as well. One day soon, with G-d's help, we will grow, expand and ultimately leave this world in a much better state than in the state in which we found it.

We are planning to build a website and to keep you updated as to what we are learning, where you can here shiurim on-line and other information. I am eager for this to be a PUBLIC project and therefore welcome all suggestions and urge people to come visit when in Israel. I am planning to return to the United States after the Kollel gets moving so if you know of any leads that could help us I would be extremely grateful. The many, many people with whom I spoke loved the ideas and philosophy of the Kollel but in order to implement them we need the necessary funds.

If anybody would like to send a tax-deductable donation the address is
Mr. Steven Stein Esq.
130 Oak Street
Woodmere New York
11598
and can be made out to "American Friends of Netivot HaTorah"
[We are working on starting "American Friends of Iyun HaNefesh" but that takes time.]

Anybody who has already contributed or will do so before Rosh Chodesh Elul is urged to give me his/her name and the name of his/her mother and the members of the Kollel [myself included - I love davening at the kotel. You could call me a "walnut"....] will daven for your success daily for the whole year bl"n.

My telephone number is 972-26289148 and you can literally call 24/6 for anything. My email is ally.ehrman@gmail.com. The other blog "penned" [who uses pens anymore..] by me BS"D is www.shmatsabaitzlusa.blogspot.com.

When I return to Israel [I land on tuesday bez"H] I will begin to interview applicants and will accept only those who are highly motivated, intelligent, mature people who are committed to personal growth. I see the seeds of a very positive spiritual revolution.

The shiurim will be given by me and I will also be in charge of day to day operations with Hashem's help, while the Guiding Light of the program will be the Tolna Rebbe Shlita, a world renowned tzaddik, whose advice and counsel is sought by thousands and with whom I enjoy a special relationship.

With unconditional love to all I remain truly yours,

[Rabbi] Elchanan [Ally] Ehrman
Rosh Kollel Iyun HaNefesh
Yerushalayim the City of Gold
And Joy of the Earth ["masos kol ha'aretz"]