Thursday, July 7, 2011

Diary Entry From My Journey #23

Yesterday I went to Williamsburg to take part in the wedding of Yitzchak and Tova Buckingholtz. What a simcha!!! I only hope and bless them that it continues.

Of course if a person walks with Hashem he see His hand clearly. I walked into a sefarim [or as they say in Williamsburg "seffoooorim"] store before the wedding and "by chance" found an out of print impossible to find sefer that I have been trying to get my hands on for the longest time. It is a sefer on Shtaros called Shufra Di'shtara. It is a great sefer because if I am ever out with my wife and there is a lull in the conversation I can just start talking about shtaros. Or at the Shabbos table it is a great topic for in between the fish and the soup:).

This connects to what happened when I was in Queens last week. There is a set of sefarim I can't seem to find anywhere ["She'eris Yosef"]. Turns out I was staying around the block from the author Shlita, so I went over... [He wasn't home so I sent my faithful friend, Shmuel Eliezer ben Raizel Shoshana may Hashem help him find his zivug bi'mheira, who went during the week to buy the books. Turns out they are all out of print except for the seventh volume. So I will enjoy the seventh volume].

Last year when I was in Williamsburg I went to the son of the "Avnei Tzion" which is the most pop-your-eyes-out-astound-your-brain-and-twist-it-into-a-pretzel sefer since the beginning of time and bought the sefarim. Too bad almost nobody learns it... Maybe in Iyun HaNefesh - just for fun...

A yid approached me for tzedaka during the wedding. So in the best yiddish I could muster up I told him that I will give him tzedaka on condition that I can give him a kiss. He agreed and gave me one back!! So he got a dollar and a kiss and I received the mitzvos of ahavas yisroel, tzedaka and a kiss. Do goyim kiss their shnorrers?

Mi ki'amcha Yisroel...:)

At the wedding I had a conversation with the lady who takes people's bags and coats. She had a heavily Spanish accented English and told me something that is going to give me tremendous chizzuk in ruchniyus for a LOOONG time.

Chizzuk from unexpected places...