Thursday, June 23, 2011

To Be ONE!

Since I am spending most of my time these days not learning in order to fulfill the dictum of Chazal that sometimes Bittul Torah brings to a greater fulfillment of Torah, I try to have a shiur playing in the backround as I go about my business.

I heard an idea from Rav Moshe Schapiro Shlita which made me jump out of my socks. How come Jews aren't unified? Where is the achdus that we all know is so fundamental to our physical and spiritual survival?

The answer is that each individual has INTERNAL discord. One moment he wants this, the next moment he wants something else and there is no unifying principle which binds a person into one integral being. Most of us have SPLIT-PERSONALITIES. Sometimes for G-d, sometimes for the yetzer hara, sometimes for society and sometimes .......

If we were all one as INDIVIDUALS, if our complete and undivided focus was on bringing goodness to the world and making it a more spiritual place filled with joy, them we would also be unified as a people.

Love and blessings:)!