Sunday, June 26, 2011

Diary Entry From My Journey #16

This week we read Korach. I heard that some people said things that might imply that there is some type of "competition" between me and my old Yeshiva. That is TERRIBLE! I am looking to recruit much different people that they do. I want older [preferably married] guys while they cater to post high school kids. I also am not seeking out their money. I want them to have funds so that they can continue teaching Torah and inspiring young men to be more committed to a Torah lifestyle. The two institutions are not mutually exclusive.

Somebody said something very hurtful [at least it hurt me..] about someone trying to help me out. If someone drags me through the mud it's one thing but not my friends! I am sure most people don't feel negatively towards me and what I am doing so it is just at most a few lone individuals.

My theory is that it takes two to tango so I will not get involved and only say nice things about others. The people with whom I will no longer be working next year are my friends so I really only have nice things to say.

Someone told me over Shabbos that I need to market myself more. He suuggested that in Israel there is a famous "ayin hara lady" many people go to, so I should be the "ayin tova man".

I LIKE it.

"The Ayin Tova Man."