Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Be Cool Dude?

Who wrote the previous post?? What a Kano'i!! Couldn't have been me. I'm chilled!! I'm cool!!:)

Well, let's see...

Amalek attacks us on the way. The passuk says "asher karcha ba'derech" - Literally "they COOLED you off on the way". That is Amalek. "Cool". No passion. No excitement. Chazal say that they are "leitzanim" - mockers. Everything is a big joke. Nothing matters.

Us? Every day we say numerous times "Vi'ahavta es Hashem Elokecha bi'chol livavcha u'vichol nafshicha u'vichol miodecha" - Hashem, I love you soooooo much I'll give EVERYTHING for you. My desires, my money, even my life if necessary. HEAT. PASSION!

The opposite of Amalek.

So being "cool" isn't so cool after all.

Love and blessings!


Tzvi Moshe, here. A man on fire:). [Continuing his thought with what we said here - When Hashem told Moshe to command the Jews to give the machatzis ha-shekel in order to save us from Haman it says that he showed him a coin of fire. Why fire? You want to be saved from "cool" Haman - you must do this mitzva with FIRE. [Based on the Kotzker]