Tuesday, December 7, 2010

BEWARE

An "urgent" email I received from Rav Judah Mischel:

Apologies for having to reach out to you like this, I made a trip this past weekend to London, UK and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available flight. I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me. You can reach me via email or May field hotel's desk phone, the numbers are, +447024030610 or +447024030611.
I await your response...Judah

My response: judah - i'll send you 25,000 dollars immediately!!!! I know you will pay me back. I feel so badly for you!!! It must be terrible. I just have one question to ask you to see if this is really you - ain od ......? finish the sentence.....

Also what are you doing in England? Probably buying wholesale winter hats for your furrier hat business. [Meaning Shtriemels:) - thought that would be funny.]

Can't wait to see you back home.

Then I wanted to further entertain myself so I sent another email asking if 25,ooo dollars is enough.

SWEETEST FRIENDS - I just saw my dear friend Rav Judah in the Rova yesterday afternoon as I was running to shul. OF COURSE HE WAS HACKED. So I tell you all again - BEWARE OF GANOVIM.