Monday, October 25, 2010

Call

I just spoke to someone I know who has been trying for years to get married. It is sad.

I have been single [22 years] and married [16 years] and frankly being married is a thousand times better [even though my parents treated me really nicely:)]. In almost all respects it is better. No, sweetest friends - it is not good for man to be alone. [It is also not good to drink Coke but that is for another post.]

So please - set someone up. Bring a couple together and build the Jewish people. Focus on the older singles who have been alone for longer and have a narrower field of prospects. Help a divorcee, or better, a widow or widower. It is not their fault that their spouse died! Yet people often shy away from such people.

And daven. Davening is good. It helps metaphysically and also helps one transcend their personal problems and concerns. It isn't good to think about oneself all of the time as many people do. This is actually our nature but we were created to elevate ourselves.

After you davened pick up the phone. Call. "Hey, do I have someone for you.......!!!"

Love and blessings and see you at the chuppah!:)