Saturday, August 14, 2010

Evil Or Weird

This shabbos I davened mincha in the Beit E-l Yeshiva for mekuballim. It took over an hour to daven [normally it takes about 25 minutes] because the chazzan [the Rosh Hayeshiva] said shmoneh esrei with special kabbalistic kavanos. However he will never make it into a newspaper unless he is involved in criminal activity or takes 6 figures from a professional athlete to give him business advice etc. But he will never be newsworthy if he just involves himself in everything that is holy- prayer, learning and chessed.

Newspapers look for what is evil or weird but if something is good and pure they are generally not interested. So why pollute our minds? There are so many more worthwhile things to read!!

Sweetest friends, ever since I stopped reading newspapers my quality of life has improved. Join me. And if you are worried that you won't know what is going on, worryeth not, you will find out. Most other people know and will tell you. That is how I heard about what I alluded to before.